The internet is fast becoming one of the fastest growing ways to sell or buy a home, and online estate agents are now the norm. They offer various benefits over the traditional estate agent – they are a lot cheaper, they do all the legwork for you, they arrange your viewings, they do all the marketing and advertising, and they even vet potential buyers before arranging viewings.
While they are not present during the viewings, they are able to provide just about all the services that a normal estate agent will offer but at a much cheaper commission rate. But do they work, and how does one sell a property using an online estate agency?
- List the property: First, you have to find your favourite online estate agents and let them know that you want to sell your property. They will assist with the valuation of the property and help you to set a realistic selling price. You fill in an online form that describes the property in detail and send photos. They will also take professional photos for you if you so desire (at additional cost).
- The property is marketed: Your home is marketed via a wide variety of home internet sites which means that it gets maximum exposure to your potential market.
- Arrange viewings: When interested parties contact the online estate agent, they are screened and vetted by a specialist team. Viewings are then professionally arranged at times that suit you. While you will do the viewings yourself, the appointments and arrangements are made by the online agent. There is an advantage to showing your own home as nobody knows more about the property than the home owner and you will be able to answer questions about the neighbourhood and local area.
- Receive offer: Once an offer has been made, the online estate agent will deal with the sale to ensure that you get the best price for your home.
- Complete the sale: One the offer has been accepted and finance has been approved, the sale is completed in the same manner as any other agency. In the meantime your online agent will ensure that you are constantly updated and remain informed about the progress of the sale. Online agencies usually employ their own mortgage professionals and legal experts to handle the legalities and contracts of the sale.
If you are interested in selling your property online, give our friendly agents at Homefair Online Estate Agnets a call. We will be happy to help you to a quick sale and our efficient team will ensure that you get the best value for your money!